See beyond color and learn to enhance the stories your black & white photos can tell!
This one-day class is broken into two parts:
- Creating photographs: The day begins with a discussion about black and white photography and how it truly is separate from color photography. Next, we'll embark on a 90 min photo walk to start capturing unique photos in black & white.
- Editing photographs: After a lunch break, we'll return to the studio and learn how to get the most out of our new images. Through detailed instruction, you will leave knowing how to create stunning black and white images on your own and with an expanded toolkit for future adventures.
- Class is 5 hours and includes a 40-min lunch break (lunch not included in cost of class)
- Class size: limit 8
- DSLR, mirrorless, or advanced point & shoot camera, that has "manual mode"
- Laptop computer (for editing portion of the class)
- Adobe Lightroom Classic (free trial link here)
- Comfortable shoes (~2 miles of walking)
- A second lens option
- Notepad and pen/pencil