Come experience and photograph Boston like never before, making photographs that span past, present, and future.
The day will begin with a discussion about historic photography, how to capture cities and buildings, and how to plan your own historic pictures. You will also receive a digital packet that includes historic photos of Boston.
Using those photos as reference, the class will then walk to several key spots to recreate and photograph historic parts of the city resulting in before-and-after photos. Next, we'll visit an area in the city currently under construction, where you'll use your new skills to capture the area while considering future photos they can make in years to come.
- Class is 5 hours and includes a 30-min break for lunch (lunch not included in class price)
- Class size: limit 10
- DSLR, mirrorless, or advanced point & shoot camera, that has "manual mode"
- Additional battery (minimum of two)
- Comfortable shoes (~2 miles of walking)
- Two lens options: ~18-55mm & ~10-20mm
- Tripod (36" or taller)
- Smartphone or Tablet device
- Notepad and pen/pencil